Creamy, soothing and loved by young and old this is the soup you need for this winter season.
- 3 carrots
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 onion
- 350 mls stock chicken stock pots
- 350 mls milk
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Peel vegetables & chop into chunks.
- Heat the oil & butter. Toss the vegetables in & sauté for a few minutes until glossy. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper pushed down on top of the vegetables. Allow to cook low and slow for about 10 minutes. Do not allow it to stick. Season with a pinch of sea salt & pepper.
- Pour over the stock & allow to simmer for 20minutes.
- Blitz .... then blitz more.... then add the milk…. Then blitz it for longer than you think ... 4 or 5 minutes in total !
- Pour into containers. Chill or freeze or serve immediately. Drizzle over a swirl of cream or creme Fraiche, a pinch of chilli flakes and a few sprigs of fresh herbs.
- Reheat as needed and serve with my treacle brown bread.