Creamy, soothing and loved by young and old this is the soup you need for this winter season.
Creamy, wholesome and nourishing, this is the perfect soup for all the family.Print Pin Rate
- 3 carrots
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 onion
- 350 mls stock chicken stock pots
- 350 mls milk
- 2 dsp oil
- 1 dsp butter
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Peel vegetables & chop into chunks.
- Heat the oil & butter. Toss the vegetables in & sauté for a few minutes until glossy. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper pushed down on top of the vegetables. Allow to cook low and slow for about 10 minutes. Do not allow it to stick. Season with a pinch of sea salt & pepper.
- Pour over the stock & allow to simmer for 20minutes.
- Blitz .... then blitz more.... then add the milk…. Then blitz it for longer than you think ... 4 or 5 minutes in total !
- Pour into containers. Chill or freeze or serve immediately. Drizzle over a swirl of cream or creme Fraiche, a pinch of chilli flakes and a few springs of fresh herbs.
- Reheat as needed and serve with my treacle brown bread.