Rapid Recharge Hacks
Energy Levels Boost For The Body & The Mind
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate Dehydration and fatigue go hand in hand, so I make it a priority to keep a giant water bottle by my side when I’m running on minimal sleep. As soon as I wake up, before I eat anything I get 2 pints of water in. I drink one, and then about 15 minutes later I down the other. Throughout the day, I constantly refill it, allowing my organs to rehydrate and invigorate me from within. And let’s not forget the power of a moderate amount of caffeine. While some may shun it, studies have shown that a moderate dose of caffeine can boost mood, reduce stress, and provide that much-needed pep in your step. Whether it’s a cup of coffee, black tea, matcha, or yerba maté, find your caffeine fix and savor it in the morning and maybe once more around midday. Just remember to cut yourself off by 2 p.m. to avoid disrupting your sleep later on.
- Nourish with Greens, Protein, and Healthy Fats Picture this: You’ve had a sleepless night, due to the little humans, needing to pee because well that’s a thing now in the middle of the night, you stayed up too late and then were over stimulated as could not sleep or you were just stressed and restless. Do not fear not! The secret lies in a breakfast that works wonders. Try to opt form something nourishing and filling and not just a simple carb based meal. Adding some good protein in the forms of eggs or Greek yogurt is a game changer, any sort of good fat s like those from avocados or seeds are great too. These nutrient powerhouses, particularly avocados, have been proven to repair cognitive function, a much-needed boost when sleep is lacking. I know lots of us may not have been raised on green veg for breakfast but this is all about MODERN lifestyle food. Leafy greens provide hydration and essential minerals, while protein fuels energy and promotes satiety so getting in a few in a smoothie or a juice or better yet a little sautéed kale, chard or spinach on toast with mushrooms or eggs is a winner. Try my sourdough, with wilted kale, mushrooms and a jammy egg from my instagram Trust me, this breakfast will transform you into a new woman ready to conquer the day.
- Chrononutrition: Energise with Outdoor Exercise Don’t underestimate the power of getting your blood flowing first thing in the morning. Even a brisk 10-minute walk can do wonders for your circulation, oxygen levels, and energy. Soak up the sunlight to elevate your vitamin D levels and allow your natural circadian rhythm kick in uplift your mood. It’s a natural cue for your body to wake up, focus, and seize the day. Learn a little more about it here .
- Embrace the Power of Perception I’ve experienced firsthand the havoc that insomnia can wreak on our well-being. It taught me the invaluable lesson that sleep is a vital component of overall health. But here’s the thing: The more we dwell on our sleep deprivation and share our tiredness with others, the worse we tend to feel. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. So, here’s my experiment: Even on those nights when sleep evades me, I choose to show up to work with an air of normalcy, not mentioning my sleepless night. Surprisingly, I find that I mostly forget about my fatigue and carry on with my day, despite not feeling my best. It’s all about shifting our mindset and not letting lack of sleep define our performance. Remember what you tell your brain becomes your reality. The key is to become conscious of and take control of your thoughts and mind. Your brain factors in subconscious beliefs and attitudes about yourself, others, and the world when assigning meaning to incoming stimuli thus creating a reality for yourself.
- Simplify and Prioritise When you’re running on empty, it’s crucial to simplify your schedule and cut yourself some slack. Trying to be a superhero on suboptimal sleep won’t lead to your best self. Take a hard look at your to-do list and see where you can go easy on yourself or move some things around to a day when you have less to do – remember, no one gets an award for beating themselves up just for the sake of trying to look like “the great fella” ( excuse the sexist expression but you know what I mean )