The perfect addition to a beautiful sunny lunch or a leisurely afternoon picnic, this Baby Potato and Egg salad with Watercress and Pickles is filling, fresh, and a total crowd pleaser. Pack it up for a beach day and sit back, watch the waves crash, and enjoy the moment.
- 750 g baby potatoes halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 100 g diced pickles
- 200 g chopped watercress
- 50 g low fat mayonnaise
- 30 g dill pickle relish Dunnes or Tesco own brand
- 30 mls water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50 g chives
- Optional: Crispy bacon lardons
- Boil the baby potatoes in a pot of salted water until tender, about 8-10-minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Fill a saucepan half way with cold water. Add in the eggs, bring it to the boil. Boil for 8-9 minutes, drain off the hot water and allow the eggs to sit in cold water. Peel, chop into halves.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, gherkin relish and water.
- On a large serving platter, carefully spread out the potatoes. Dot over the hard boiled eggs. Sit the watercress all around the salad. Gently toss and combine. Pour the dressing over the potato and egg mixture and toss to coat evenly. Finely chop the chives and sprinkle over the top.
- Serve the potato and egg salad immediately. This salad is best served immediately and at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.