Juicy bubbling blueberries and buttery pastry, an impressive tea-time treat or dessert
Blueberry & Thyme Galettes with a Pistachio & Cardamom Cream
This is a sharp ‘tart' tart. The cream is rich and lightly spiced so balances it out but if you feel like you would like it sweeter add another 50g of sugar, or serve with warm custard on the side.Print Pin
- 1 x 275 g sheet of puff pastry
- 350 g blueberries fresh or frozen
- 50 g honey or caster sugar
- 1.5 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 4 springs thyme leaves 2 for garnish and 2 for the filling
- 1 egg
- 50 g crushed pistachio
- 4 tsp caster sugar
Cardamom Pistachio Cream
- 100 g mascarpone
- 2 tsp of pistachio nut butter
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Line one or two baking tray( depending on the size ) with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut it in half lengthways and then into three squares on each side, creating 6 pieces. Create a 3cm intern border around each one. Place each, well-spaced out on the baking trays.
- Crack the egg and whisk lightly with a fork.
- In a bowl, combine the fresh blueberries with the honey/sugar, lemon zest, thyme, vanilla and corn flour. Toss it all well together.
- Carefully spoon the blueberry mixture into the middle and scrunch up the edges as you go. I like to fold in diagonal corners first and then scrunch in the rest.
- Paint with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar and pistachios and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. Some mixture will bubble and leak a little and that’s fine. ( that’s what the parchment is for )
- Serve warmed with Pistachio and Cardamom cream.