Wholesome Whole-grains for Breakfast
This recipe is a wholesome on the go breakfast or a perfect mid morning snack. Full of wholegrain for fibre and slow release energy these are ideal for all the family. A modern recipe for modern family life-styles.
Wholesome Breakfast Muffins
Incredibly easy, super speedy and loved by all.Print Pin Rate
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 100 g whole meal flour
- 100 g oats
- 75 g brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 100 mls orange juice
- 100 mls oil
- 100 mls Greek yogurt
- Optional : Fruit berries, cherries, apples, dried fruit or Vegetables ( grated carrots, grated courgette) & Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Line the muffin tin with papers or spritz with a little oil.
- Pop all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Measure the oil and orange juice in a jug. Spoon in the yogurt. Crack in the eggs and pour in the vanilla. Whisk.
- Make a well in the centre and whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the muffins tins. Sprinkle with a little pinch of brown sugar on top.
- Bake in the oven at 200ºC for 5 minutes then turn the oven down to 180ºC for 15mins.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes and enjoy warm.