Simple & delicious
- 450 g cooked rice I love a mix of wholegrain and jasmine
- 200 g broccoli fresh
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Small piece fresh ginger
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 spring onions
- 1 tbsp mixed sesame seeds
- Pop the broccoli in the food processor and pulse until it resembles rice. Do not over-process.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add in the garlic and ginger. Toss in half the rice quickly and add in broccoli.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, tossing all the time.
- Add in the sesame oil the soy and the remaining rice.
- Crack the egg, push the contents of the wok to one side and fry the egg. When scrambled, toss it through the rice and broccoli.
- Allow to cook for a minute or two. Turn off the heat and garnish with spring onions and mixed sesame seeds.
- Serve with my delicious Crispy Hot Honey Popcorn Chicken.
- Place the rice on one side of the serving plate. Slice the chicken diagonally and fan out across the top. Drizzle the hot honey sauce on top and garnish with some chilli, spring onion and mixed sesame seeds.