Moist, delicious and super easy this classic carrot cake has the perfect balance of spice and sweetness. The icing makes this cake for me. Rich, creamy and sweet with a zing of orange zest this is the perfect topping for this cake. This is a viewers favourite recipe with so many now making and baking it as your own.
Carrot Cake with White Chocolate and Orange Cream Cheese Icing
When you need a slice of cake that is good for your soul.... Make this !Print Pin Rate
- 2 9 inch flat sponge cake tins
- 2 mixing bowls
- Electric beater or wooden spoon
- Vegetable peeler
- Weighing scales
- Muffin tin and papers or a loaf tin and parchment paper
- Spoons to spoon mixture into tin
- Measuring jug for oil
- 300 g self raising flour
- 300 g sugar brown, castor or granulated
- 300 mls sunflower oil
- 300 g carrots grated 2 small carrots
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon / mixed spice
- 1 orange zested
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
White Chocolate & Orange Cream Cheese Icing
- 400 g cream cheese full fat only
- 120 g butter
- 600-750 g icing sugar
- 100 g white chocolate
- 1/2 orange, juice and zest
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Grease the tin with oil or line with parchment papers.
- Peel and grate the carrots. 3. Using a hand whisk, whisk together the sugar, eggs and oil. Add in the vanilla . Grate in the zest of the orange.
- Stir in the carrots.
- Sieve in the flour, salt and spices if using.
- Fold all the ingredients. Spoon in to the cake tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a cake skewer comes out dry. Cool on a wire tray.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together. Squeeze in the juice of the orange if using.
- Gradually whisk in the icing sugar and combine until it forms a smooth, rich paste.
- Stir in the melted white chocolate.
- Pipe or spread the icing in the middle of the cake and over the top. Smooth out all the way round.
- Garnish with some chopped pecans, some grated white chocolate and edible flours.