A simply spoiling cake, this cake is deeply chocolatey and incredibly easy to make – perfect for a celebration! It delights both children and adults alike and somehow seems to please almost everyone with it’s wonderfully indulgent flavour and presentation.
- 1 9-inch (23cm) springform cake tin
- 500 g butter
- 800 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids, broken into pieces
- 4 cans 1.4kg sweetened condensed milk
- 600 g digestive biscuits roughly broken
- 300 g malted milk biscuits roughly broken
- 10 Mars bars chopped into small pieces
- 300 g Maltesers
- 20 Crunchie bars chopped into small pieces
- Grease a 9-inch (23cm) springform cake tin with butter and line with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir until well combined.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add the broken digestive biscuits, malted milk biscuits, Mars bars, Malteasers, and chopped Crunchie bars. Stir well until all ingredients are fully coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin, pressing down firmly with a spatula or the back of a spoon to make sure there are no air pockets.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- Once the cake has set, remove it from the tin and transfer it to a serving plate.
- If desired, decorate the top of the cake with additional Malteasers and pieces of Crunchie bars.
- Slice the cake into 20 pieces and serve. Enjoy!
This cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, making it a great make-ahead dessert for catering events. Just be sure to remove the cake from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving to allow it to come to room temperature and soften slightly, which will make it easier to slice and serve.