You Will Never Need Another Recipe Again
I adore chocolate, and I adore chocolate brownies, but I am never so disappointed to get a bad brownies. It is one of life’s greatest culinary injustices. It just shouldn’t be allowed. So in order to prevent that, one human at a time, I give this to you! My gift to you for the greater good of the baking world. Trust me… the technique is so simple, the ingredients are pantry store cupboard basics and the prep and cooking time is super speedy. The only top tip I will give you is to follow the order of how you add the ingredients. This is really important to getting them right. And don’t forget the magic shake. At 12-15 minutes pull them out of the oven a little and Shaka-shaka the tin. this creates a crack that run alongs about the perimeter. This is what gets them crisp on top and fudgy in the centre. EPIC !
Ultimate Chocolate Brownies
- metal/glass bowl
- Weighing scales
- baking tray
- parchment paper
- 250 g real butter
- 200 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids, broken up
- 80 g cocoa powder sifted
- 70 g plain flour sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 360 g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range or organic eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 and line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl over some simmering water, melt the butter and the chocolate and mix until smooth.
- When melted, stir in the sugar until fully dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and then sieve this into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir together well. Beat the eggs and mix them in until you have a silky consistency.
- Pour your brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for around 20-25 minutes.
- You don’t want to overcook them so, unlike cakes, you don’t want a skewer to come out all clean. After 15 minutes take them out give them a shake and pop them back in.
- The brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey in the middle. Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into squares