Craving something sweet but want to choose a snack that is made from whole foods… then these are the perfect snack for you—real natural ingredients with a great balance of nutrition and deliciousness.
Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
Chocolate Chip Oat Bars are so easy to make, you'll wonder why you ever bought them in shops. They're unbelievably delicious and, if you wrap them individually, you can grab them on the go!Print Pin
- 100 g dates
- 100 g chocolate chips
- 50 g coconut
- 75 g spelt flour plain will work too
- 150 g nuts walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, almond nibs
- 150 g oats
- 125 mls maple syrup or honey
- 60 mls water
- 60 mls sunflower oil
- 15 g chia seeds
- 40 g pumpkin seeds
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 170?.
- Soak the dates in 30mls boiling water. Soak the chia in 60mls warm water.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (coconut, flour, oats, seeds, chocolate chips.)
- Chop or blitz up the dates. Add these to the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the oil and maple syrup and combine well.
- Press everything into the tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Optional: Melt 50g chocolate and drizzle over the top.