Zesty and refreshing!
- 40 ml silver tequila / tequila blanco
- 30 ml cointreau orange liqueur
- 40 ml fresh lime juice plus lime wedge to serve
- Ice to shake and serve
- 20 mls sugar/simple syrup
- Shake tequila, cointreau, lime juice, simple syrup and a handful of ice in a sealed cocktail shaker (or a jam jar with a lid). Shake well for about 20 seconds.
- Put a little fine salt and castor sugar on a small plate. ( I like to use about 3/4 sugar and 1/4 salt) Rub the rim of a martini glass with the lime wedge, then dip in the salt to coat.
- Fill glass with more ice cubes, then strain in the margarita, garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
For easy entertaining, opt for a pitcher version to serve a party of 6. Fill a jug with crushed ice, 2 sliced limes and 1 sliced orange. Pour in 350ml tequila, 270ml fresh lime juice and 180ml Grand Marnier, then stir to combine. Let the pitcher sit for 5 minutes to allow the ice to melt a little, stir again, then pour into 6 salt-rimmed glasses filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a wedge of lime of you like.