My delicious homemade cranberry sauce with a delightful tangy-sweet essence that is guaranteed to elevate your Christmas dinner. This recipe is super easy with only 1 part sugar, 1 part water to 3 parts fresh cranberriesPrint Pin Rate
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g water
- 300 g fresh cranberries
- Place the sugar (add an extra 30g if you like it sweet) & water in a frying pan/ saucepan.
- Bring to the boil & drop in the cranberries.
- Turn the heat down to medium/low and simmer for 6/7 minutes.
- The cranberries will burst, dissolve & melt into a rich sauce.
- It can overcook quite quickly so take it off the heat before it goes to mush.
- Transfer to an airtight container & it will last in the fridge for a week.
- It can be frozen and will last for 2 months .
- Optional: Grate in a little orange zest or add a sprig of thyme or rosemary while bubbling and then remove before serving.