This cauliflower soup is super creamy and decadent and makes a beautiful healthy meal that you can eat all week long. The blue cheese complements the vegetable’s nutty and earthy taste perfectly, and the crispy black pudding topping adds another layer of texture and flavour.
- 1 large cauliflower chopped into florets (about 800g)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock
- 200 ml of double cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g of blue cheese crumbled
- 100 g of black pudding crumbled
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets and the chicken or vegetable stock to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and let cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the double cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the soup into four bowls and sprinkle each with crumbled blue cheese and black pudding. Serve hot.