This warming dish is everything you want after a long day. It’s full of comforting flavours and is super simple to make, meaning you can have a delicious meal for you and your family on the table in no time and with minimal effort. Plus, it’s even better reheated the next night, as the flavours will really have time to set.
Creamy chicken traybake with rosemary, smoked bacon and peas
Comforting and delicious, this dish is everything you need after a long day.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 chicken fillets
- 30 g Dijon mustard
- 10 sprigs rosemary
- 6 garlic cloves
- 250 g smoked streaky bacon
- 1.2 kg waxy baby potatoes
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 250-350 ml cream
- 1 heaped tsp cornflour
- 100 g frozen petit pois peas
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ fan/200℃.
- Wash the potatoes and cut into cubes. Trim the chicken. Dice the streaky bacon. Mince the garlic. Boil the kettle and make up the stock. Mix the cornflour and 2 tbsp of the cold cream together until it forms a smooth paste. Stir in the rest of the cream, dijon mustard, garlic, stock and seasoning.
- Put the oil and butter on the baking tray. Pop in the oven and heat up for a couple of minutes. Take out and place on the chicken and bacon. It should sizzle on the hot oil and butter as it hits it. Place the potato cubes on the tray next. Pour over the sauce lay in the springs of rosemary, keeping two or three back for garnish. Feel free to use 2 oven trays to fit everything.
- After 45 minutes, remove the traybake, sprinkle in the frozen petit pois and gently stir it a little. Return to the oven to bake.
- Bake for fifteen more minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through fully.
- Serve with a simple green salad.