This recipe is a perfect mid-week dinner for all the family, you can even substitute the salmon for extra veggies, asparagus or French beans would work great, cook a little bit extra for a delicious pasta salad lunch the next day.
Creamy Goats Cheese, Courgette and Rosemary Pasta with Salmon and Fresh Garden Summer Peas
- 300 g gemelli pasta
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 200 ml cream
- 150 g soft Irish goats cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 x 200g salmon fillets
- 1 large courgette
- 1 large handful peas
- Zest ½ lemon
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 35 g freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ fan.
- Peel and finely dice the shallots and garlic. Heat the oil & butter in a large pan and sauté over a low-medium heat for 10-12 minutes. Remove the rosemary leaves from the stalks, finely dice and add to the pan.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, 8-10 minutes.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray, drizzle with lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and baked in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the goats cheese and cream to the cooked onion and garlic, stir through for a couple of minutes until you reach a bubbly creamy sauce then add peas, lemon zest, sea salt and black pepper. Drain the pasta, reserving some water, and combine pasta into the sauce, adding a little pasta water to loosen it up. Using a peeler shave long ribbons from the courgette, and add to the pan.
- Remove salmon from the oven and flake it into the sauce.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan, extra sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.