When breakfast is this delicious, what's not to be excited about
Now, this is a luxurious breakfast, if there was ever one. This is not your regular, super healthy porridge. this is super luxe, super romantic and a tiny bit indulgent, but so worth it. This is a simple but wow bowl of porridge for your loved one.
I am sharing my top tips for making the best porridge in the recipe.I love to soak the porridge the night before, it is something my Dad has always done, and it works. It makes the cooking process more forgiving the next morning. I also add my two secret ingredients, vanilla bean paste, absolute game changer and a pinch of sea salt, but only at the end. The biscoff spread used be really tricky to find but now Aldi do their own version and its brilliant.
I hope you love this delicious and fun take on porridge as much as I do.
Creamy Porridge with Biscoff & Raspberries
- 400 mls low fat milk
- 100 mls water
- 200 mls water for soaking
- 120 g jumbo rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Pinch salt
- 250 g punnet raspberries
- 4 small tsps biscoff spread
- Soak the oats overnight in 200mls water.
- The next morning, pop the oats into a saucepan over a low to medium heat. Add the milk and vanilla bean paste and continually stir for about 5-7 minutes until creamy and soft. Loosen the porridge mixture with some water. Finish with a pinch of salt.
- Spoon into warm bowl, top with a dollop of raspberry jam or raspberry chia jam, a big handful of fresh raspberries and a little drizzle of biscoff spread. I love to heat it in the microwave for 15 seconds to loosen it up a little. If you are feeling extra indulgent, garnish with a a little lotus biscuit.