Blue Cheese & Date Sausage Rolls
Savoury & delicious these are the most perfect mid morning, or late evening bite.Print Pin Rate
- 500 g puff pastry chilled
- Plain flour for dusting
- 350 g-400g pork sausagemeat or 6 good quality free-range pork sausages skin removed
- 150 g Cashel Blue crumbled
- 100 g about 5 pitted dates, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 1 medium free-range egg lightly beaten
- Butter for greasing
- Sesame seeds
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 40cm x 26cm rectangle, then cut in half lengthways to make two long strips.
- Remove the casing from the pork sausages and put all the meat in a big bowl. Finely dice the dates. Finely chop the chives.
- Put the pork sausagemeat, walnuts, blue cheese, dates and chives in a mixing bowl, then mix together with your hands until well combined. Divide the mixture in half and shape each half on a sheet of cling film to make 2 long sausage shapes the same length as your pastry.
- Lay one sausage down the centre of each piece of pastry, brush 1 edge of the pastry with a little beaten egg, fold over the pastry and press the edges together to seal. Mark along the edge with the tines of a fork. Cut each strip across to make 12 rolls and chill, spaced slightly apart, on oven trays lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with a little more beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.