Mexican Street Food At Its Finest
Get ready to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style with this delicious recipe for etoles! These grilled corn on the cob treats are a staple of Mexican street food, and are perfect for any festive occasion. Etoles are typically seasoned with a blend of mayonnaise, spices, and cheese, and are often served with a variety of toppings like fresh herbs, jalapeños, and lime juice. In this recipe, we’ve added a few authentic ingredients like cotija cheese and a squeeze of lime to take the flavour to the next level. The result is a dish that’s creamy, tangy, and bursting with bold flavors. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply looking for a tasty snack, these etoles are sure to impress your guests and make your Cinco de Mayo celebration one to remember.
- 4 ears of corn on the cob cooked
- 125 g mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 25 g parmesan cheese grated
- 25 g cheddar cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 50 g cotija/feta cheese crumbled
- Radishes thinly sliced, for garnish
- Jalapeños thinly sliced, for garnish
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Grill the corn on the cob until the kernels are tender and slightly charred, turning occasionally, for about 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, smoked paprika, and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a brush or spoon, spread the seasoned mayonnaise over each ear of corn.
- Sprinkle the grated parmesan and cheddar cheese over the top of the mayonnaise.
- Crumble the cotija cheese over the top of the corn.
- Garnish with thinly sliced radishes, jalapeños, and coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side, and enjoy!