Prepare to be transported to the sun-kissed shores of the Mediterranean as you indulge in this Fattoush Salad. With its vibrant colours, refreshing ingredients, and tangy dressing, it offers a sensory journey that captures the essence of Mediterranean cuisine.
For the Salad
- 4 wholewheat flatbreads
- 3 large tomatoes diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 150 g radishes thinly sliced
- 100 g pitted black Olives
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh mint roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh dill roughly chopped
For the Creamy Dressing
- 150 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Tear the whole wheat flatbreads into bite-sized pieces and spread them out on a baking sheet. Toast them in the oven for about 10 minutes until they become crispy and golden. Set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, green pepper, radishes, black olives, parsley, mint, and dill. Toss gently to mix all the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Greek yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Pour the creamy dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat the vegetables evenly. Add the toasted whole wheat flatbread pieces and give it another gentle toss.
- Allow the salad to sit for about 10 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to meld together. This also allows the flatbread pieces to soak up some of the dressing.
- Serve the Fattoush salad in individual bowls or on a large platter, garnishing with extra fresh herbs if desired. Enjoy!