A Show Stopping Centre Piece
This dessert was a classic 1990’s dessert in our house, Although to be fair it did look a little different to this. My mom had her’s long and rectangular in shape and topped it with tinned mandarin, red grapes, kiwi cubes and strawberries. I have decided to share my modern family version with you. The art and beauty of this pavlova lie in the high, dome effect paired with the sweeping sides. The addition of some mango curd is just sensational. It takes it to a whole other level. Some mindful and light-handed placement of some seasonal berries et voila you are ready to wow all at your dinner table.
Festive Berry Pavlova
- 6 egg whites room temperature
- 300 g sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 ½ tsp white vinegar
- 300 mls 3 cream
- 150 g pre-made custard
- 400 g raspberries
- 200 g strawberries
- 2 figs
- 100 g white chocolate
- 3 sprigs Fresh mint
- 3 tbsp Icing Sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 120℃. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Weigh and measure all the ingredients.
- Separate the eggs one by one. Discard the yolks for this dish and use in another recipe.
- In a clean metal bowl, whip the egg whites on a medium to high speed for 3 minutes.
- Turn the beater up to a high speed and beat in the sugar, vanilla, vinegar, corn flour and cream of tartar ( if using ). Beat until stiff peaks are formed. Take 4 tbsps of mixture and put it in a piping bag with a small round nozzle.
- Spoon out into a high dome shape on the parchment paper. On a seperate sheet of parchment pipe out mini pavlova kisses. Push a little of the mixture onto the parchment and then pop up quickly. Make about 10 of these.
- Using a spatula, create quick upward drag motions in the pavlova mixture to create a linear pattern with mini peaks around the crown.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes - 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove the mini kisses before the pavlova.
- When the time is up turn off the oven and allow the pavlova to cool in the oven.
- As it cools whip the cream, fold the custard in and gently dollop it on top. Grate the chocolate on top or create chocolate curls.
- Sit the raspberries and strawberries on top and garnish with mint & white chocolate curls . Dust with icing sugar. Enjoy.