These mini meringues are a super buffet style dessert for the festive season. Make them in advance, store them in an airtight container for a day or two in advance. Serve with with a bowl of freshly whipped vanilla cream, mixed berries, strawberry coulis and a dusting of icing sugar.Print Pin
- Equipment: Oven tray Skewers Piping bags Nozzles ( optional ) Glasses / mugs Electric mixer Weighing scales
- 6 large eggs
- 330 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugarflair festive red gel concentrate paste food colourant
- 250 mls fresh cream ( whipped )
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 750 g berries
- 100 mls berry coulis
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 110℃ / 90℃ / Gas 1 . Line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Sit a good quality piping bag in a tall glasse. Using a skewer draw 4 lines of red colour food dye up the inside of the piping bag.
- Meringue Time: Separate 6 large room temperature eggs. Put in the electric beaters and beat well for 3/4 minutes. When soft stiff peaks have formed, gradually add the sugar spoon by spoon until the texture is smooth, velvety, not grainy and you can confidently hold the bowl over your head without the mixture falling out.
- Spoon the meringue mixture in to the piping bags (you can use a nozzle or just cut a point in the top. Squeeze the meringue mixture down the bag, removing any air bubbles, twist the top and pipe out small circles, as you push the mixture out, apply pressure then pop at the top to create that meringue kiss effect.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, (if you make very small ones 50 minutes in the oven). Turn off the oven and allow to cool.
- To Serve : Whip
Serve on their own on large sharing platter and serve a big bowl of freshly whipped vanilla cream beside them and some strawberry sauce. If you are feeling very indulgent maybe even some melted chocolate. Enjoy