Simple Desserts Are Always The Best
This is one of those recipes that is loved by young and old. It is creamy, delicious and fun. All of the decorations on top are shop bought in the supermarket. I love to peruse the middle aisles around this time of year and spot all these little fun decorations. They are perfect for creating something show-stopping with almost no real effort or skill required. This is one of those desserts that looks so much wow that the actual work that went into it. I hope your family love this as much as mine.
Festive White Christmas Cheesecake
- 20 / 23cm cheesecake tin / loose bottom tin / springform tin
- Metal bowl
- Heat proof bowl
- Electric beater or whisk
- Freezer bag and rolling pin or food processor to crush biscuits
- 300 g digestive biscuits or 200g digestive and 100g ginger nut
- 125/150 g butter
- 375 g Madagascar white chocolate
- 229 mls double cream
- 300 g full fat cream cheese
- Optional: Few tbsp Baileys
To decorate :
- A selection of festive decorations
- Whipped Avonmore fresh cream in a piping bag
- Candy canes
- Ferrero Raffaello
- Giant white chocolate discs
- Sprinkle green and red
- Cake topper decorations
- Red & green fondant to make holly
- For the Biscuit Base
- Blitz your biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb, or bash them up in a freezer bag with a rolling pin!
- Melt your butter until soft and then stir into the biscuits.
- Press the mixture down into the bottom of an 8"/20cm springform tin or a loose bottom tin.
For the Cheesecake Filling
- Melt your white chocolate carefully, either in the microwave or over in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and leave to the side for now.
- Whisk the Avonmore double cream until thick. In a separate bowl whisk together the cream cheese and melted white chocolate.
- Using a large metal spoon or a spatula fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread the mixture over the biscuit base, and refrigerate for 5-6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- To decorate, pipe on some whipped cream pop a white chocolate disc and some sprinkles on top. Add some Raffaello as snowballs and create a candy cane forest. A few cake toppers or even a little holly and a final flourish of edible sparkle. Serve up with a dollop of Avonmore freshly whipped cream and delight all your family and friends.