Smooth, Creamy & Versatile
Ah, Cinco de Mayo. A time to celebrate all things Mexican, and what better way to do that than with a delicious bowl of homemade guacamole? This classic Mexican dip is a favourite for good reason: it’s creamy, flavourful, and incredibly versatile. You can use it as a dip for tortilla chips or veggies, spread it on toast, or even use it as a topping for burgers and sandwiches. But guacamole isn’t just delicious; it’s also incredibly good for you. Avocados are packed with healthy fats, fibre, and vitamins, making guacamole a great addition to any wellness-focused diet.
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sour cream / light sour cream / greek yogurt heaped
- In a mixing bowl, add the peeled and pitted avocados, and mash them with a fork or potato masher until they are chunky.
- Add the finely chopped red onion, jalapeño pepper, and chopped cilantro to the bowl, and mix well.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over the mixture, and stir to combine. Stir in the sour cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate the guacamole for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to meld together.
- Serve the guacamole with your Cajun Chicken Tacos, and enjoy!