This no added sugar pomegranate molasses will have a natural tartness and sweetness from the pomegranate juice itself. It can be used in various recipes, including dressings, marinades, glazes, and desserts. Enjoy the vibrant flavours of this homemade pomegranate molasses!
- 1 litre pomegranate juice
- Pour the pomegranate juice into a large saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the juice to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the juice uncovered for about 1.5 to 2 hours, or until it has reduced to a thick syrupy consistency. Stir occasionally.
- Keep a close eye on the juice as it reduces to avoid overcooking or burning. The timing may vary, so adjust accordingly based on your desired thickness.
- Once the juice has reached a syrupy consistency, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool.
- As the pomegranate molasses cools, it will thicken further. Once completely cool, transfer it to a clean glass jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid.
- Store the homemade pomegranate molasses in the fridge. It can be stored for several months.