An Energising Addition To Your Week
Healthy snacking doesn’t have to be boring, and these Turmeric and Lemon Power Balls are proof of that! These little energy bites are packed with nutritious ingredients that will fuel your body and satisfy your cravings. Turmeric, with its anti-inflammatory properties, adds a warm and earthy flavor to these power balls, while the zesty lemon adds a bright and refreshing touch. And the best part? These power balls are no-bake and take only minutes to make, making them a perfect snack to have on hand whenever hunger strikes. So, let’s roll up our sleeves and whip up a batch of these delicious and energizing Turmeric and Lemon Power Balls!
What are the benefits of these to my wellness
This Turmeric and Lemon Power Balls recipe offers several nutritional benefits as it is made with wholesome ingredients. Here are some of the nutritional benefits:
- Dates are a good source of fiber and natural sugars that provide energy.
- Raw almonds contain healthy fats, fiber, and protein that help in keeping you full and satisfied for longer.
- Rolled oats are rich in fiber, protein, and various vitamins and minerals.
- Turmeric powder is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and contains curcumin, a compound that may improve brain function and lower the risk of chronic diseases.
- Lemon juice and zest contain vitamin C, an antioxidant that boosts the immune system and helps the body absorb iron.
- Coconut oil is a source of healthy fats and contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are easily metabolized by the body for energy.
Overall, these Turmeric and Lemon Power Balls are a healthy and nutrient-dense snack that can help in providing sustained energy and support overall health and wellness.
Turmeric & Lemon Powerballs
- 150 g pitted dates
- 75 g raw almonds
- 50 g rolled oats
- 10 g turmeric powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 30 ml coconut oil
- Desiccated coconut for rolling (optional)
- Place the pitted dates, raw almonds, rolled oats, turmeric powder, lemon zest, lemon juice, sea salt, and coconut oil in a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture comes together and forms a sticky dough. If the mixture is too dry, add a teaspoon of water and pulse again.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of the mixture and roll them into balls. If desired, roll the balls in desiccated coconut to coat.
- Place the turmeric and lemon power balls in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!