- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into quarters
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 blocks halloumi cheese
- 50 g green pesto
- Large handful of rocket
- 30 g pistachios crushed
- 1 large handful of a combination of leftover spinach rocket and soft herbs like basil parsley, tarragon, chives
- 1 heaped tbsp sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp olive oil adjust as you need but you want this to be a thicker pesto
- 1 clove garlic
- 60 g leftover cheddar cheese cheddar or any hard cheese will work
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Wash and slightly scrub the sweet potatoes but leave the skin on. Cut into half then quarters.
- Place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Prepare pesto. Blitz the garlic, seeds and cheese together until they are roughly chopped. Pop in the green herbs. Blitz again. Add in the oil and blitz. Season well.
- Slice the halloumi into even square pieces, and lightly fry on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Once the sweet potato is roasted, spoon over the pesto, rocket and top with halloumi and crushed pistachios.