A true celebration of seasonal produce, this Mexican-inspired salad lets the gorgeous veg shine and take centre stage. Use this base and then add whatever tickles your fancy, from leftover chicken and black beans, to roasted sweet potatoes and some cheddar or cotija cheese. Let me know what extras you add to yours! Remember, the best approach to health is not, “What can I take away?”, but rather, “What beautiful ingredients can I add?”.
- For the dressing:
For the dressing:
- 80 ml cold-pressed Irish rapeseed oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 green chilli deseeded and very finely chopped
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper
For the salad:
- 2 heads Cos lettuce roughly chopped
- 200 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 green pepper deseeded and chopped
- ½ a cucumber sliced
- 5 scallions chopped
- 1 198g tin of sweetcorn rinsed and drained
- 1 400g tin of mixed beans rinsed and drained
- Bunch of fresh coriander chopped
- 3 Chicken fillets
- 1 tbsp Mexican seasoning
- spray oil
- Flatten out the chicken.Sprinkle with the Mexican seasoning. Spritz with spray oil and air-fry for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing until well combined. (Alternatively, shake together in a jar with a tight-fitting lid). Season to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the salad. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle over about half of the dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately, with the remaining dressing in a jug on the side.