My Perfect Scrambled Eggs
Velvety, buttery scrambled eggs, flawlessly seasoned and cooked to creamy, melt-in-your-mouth consistency.Print Pin Rate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 tablespoons milk or cream for added creaminess
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them gently with a fork or whisk until the yolks and whites are well combined. If you prefer creamier eggs, you can add milk or cream and whisk again. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper into the beaten eggs. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Put a medium saucepan over a low heat and add the butter. Leave it to melt slowly, then when it starts to bubble carefully pour in the eggs. Allow them to set slightly around the edges before stirring.
- Stir slowly with a wooden spoon, or a spatula if you’ve got one, so you can get right to the edges of the pan.
- Keep gently stirring until the eggs still look silky, slightly runny and slightly underdone, and then remove from the heat – the heat of the pan will continue to cook the eggs to perfection.
- Serve with lightly buttered sourdough toast.
- Just remember that eggs are delicate and will continue to cook even after you’ve taken them off the heat, so it’s really important to remove them just before they’re ready, so that they’ll be just right by the time you come to eat them.