Incredibly Interesting, Elegant & Morish
An old and classic Italian recipe that has been somewhat lost and modified along the way, however this is modern. This will become a modern family favourite of yours after your first time tasting it I promise. It is novel and interesting, rich and creamy but with this vibrant, bright, burst of zingy flavour from the lemons. This is just simply delicious.
- 450 g tagliatelle
- 60 g butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2/3 Zest of lemons juice of 1 and a half lemons
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 200 mls cream
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Boil a large 5L saucepan of water. Salt well with sea salt. Cook the pasta until al dente ( or as per the packet instructions ). Drain and save a mug of that starchy pasta water.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the oil; this helps the garlic to not burn when added in a few moments. Very finely slice the garlic and grate the zest of the lemon. Add these to the gently bubbling oil and butter. Grate the parmesan.
- Toss in the pasta, add some of the pasta water and cream. Allow this to simmer and thicken. Season really well with a good pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Taste. It is so important to taste it here. It may need more lemon. Zest a little more in, if needed and garnish with some fresh zest on top as you serve this steamy bowl of pasta.