My gut friendly slaw, perfect accompaniment to burgers, sandwiches, chicken or fish
- 200 g red cabbage
- 200 g green or savoy cabbage
- 2 apples
- 2 carrots
- Large handful coriander/parsley
- 4 spring onions / red onion
- 4 tbsp frothing ferments sauerkraut
- 1 tsp frothing ferments sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 200 g greek yogurt / plant based / mayonnaise
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the vegetables. Leave the skin on the apple and carrot.
- Remove the outer layer of the cabbage if needed.
- Using a mandolin or the grater on the food processor shred all the vegetables. Add frothing ferments sauerkraut and hot sauce.
- Finely chop the herbs. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients .
- Stir in the hot sauce, sauerkraut, honey, seasoning and the yoghurt.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, cover and allow all the flavours to develop.