Rending Curry with Chicken, Roast Sweet Potato & Chickpeas
With ingredients such as cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric leaf, garlic, tamarind, onion and ginger, the Indian influences shine through in this festive curry.Print Pin Rate
- 1 pack of The Spice Tailor Indonesian Rendang Curry
- 1 tbs. of vegetable oil
- 400 g of chicken breast
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tsp onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tin chickpeas drained & rinsed
- Preheat the oven. Cut the sweet potato into large chunks, toss the spices and oil over. Roast until tender for about 35 minutes.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan and brown the meat.
- Add the herbs and spices from the pouch and stir for 30s in the oil in the pan.
- Add the base sauce from the smaller pouch and coconut milk from the larger pouch. Stir well and sauté the meat in the sauce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 150ml of water and bring to a boil. Add in the roast sweet potato and the chickpeas. Then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes until the meat is really tender and the sauce coats the meat. You will need to add a little more water during the cooking time when the pan starts to look dry. Ensure the meat is cooked all the way through.
- Season to taste and serve.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice.