Are you feeling drained and in need of a pick-me-up? This gentle yoga and energy-boosting session may be just what you need to feel revitalised and nourished. In this practice, we’ll take some time to settle in and connect with our breath and bodies before moving into invigorating stretches that awaken our energy and leave us feeling renewed.
Invigorating Yourself with Yoga and Mindful Breathing
- Centring Yourself: Start your practice by bringing your attention to your breath, allowing yourself to relax and expand your awareness to your seated position. Adjust your posture to find a comfortable, balanced, and erect position. Sense the length of your spine, creating space between each vertebra. Tune in to your breath and notice where you feel it in your body, breathing effortlessly and naturally.
- Energising Your Body: Revitalize your body by stimulating circulation with a gentle self-massage. Rub your arms and legs and tap your head, neck, and shoulders with your fingertips to awaken your senses.
- Lengthening Your Neck: Release any tension in your neck by stretching it to each side with slow, deep breaths. Let gravity do the work and be present with any sensations or changes in your body.
- Stretching Your Shoulders: Loosen tight shoulders by inhaling and raising them, then exhaling and releasing them. Move at the pace of your breath and bring your full attention to the sensations of your body.
- Twisting Your Spine: Revitalise your spine by twisting gently to the right and left, crossing your legs and placing your hands on your knee. Hold each posture for 5 breaths, feeling the increase in flexibility with each repetition.
- Releasing Arm Tension: Experience the powerful stretch of the Warrior Pose with an arm stretch. Stretch each arm toward the ceiling, then bend your right arm so your palm rests on your back, while your left arm reaches up to touch your right hand. Breathe deeply, reaching your hands closer together for 5 breaths. Repeat on the opposite side and feel your body awaken.
If you practise these techniques, you can revitalise your body and mind, promoting a sense of well-being and inner calm that stays with you all day.