Enjoy this delicious and frothy rhubarb and ginger gin sour with egg white. It’s a perfect springtime cocktail that uses gorgeous, seasonal rhubarb!
- 60 ml rhubarb and ginger gin
- 22.5 ml fresh lemon juice
- 15 ml rhubarb syrup see instructions below
- 1 egg white
- Rhubarb slice and fresh rosemary sprig for garnish
- 240 g chopped rhubarb
- 240 ml water
- 200 g granulated sugar
- To make the rhubarb syrup, add the chopped rhubarb, water, and sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the rhubarb is soft and the sugar has dissolved.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the solids and let the syrup cool completely.
- In a cocktail shaker without ice, combine the rhubarb and ginger gin, fresh lemon juice, rhubarb syrup, and egg white.
- Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake again for another 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a slice of rhubarb and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Enjoy your delicious and frothy rhubarb and ginger gin sour with egg white!