This dish beautifully combines the smoky goodness of roasted aubergine with the aromatic spices of curry, the tanginess of Greek yogurt, and the refreshing burst of pomegranate and mint. It’s perfect for dinner parties and weeknights alike!
- 2 large aubergines
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Irish Sea Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 200 g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder garam masala
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- pomegranate seeds ½ pomegranate
- A handful of fresh mint leaves torn
- Preheat the oven to 210°C
- Slice the aubergines in half lengthways. Score them diagonally. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil over the slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the aubergine slices in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and tender. Turn the oven down to 180 ℃. Flip them after 25 minutes and cook skin side up for 15 minutes to ensure even browning. Flip them back over and finish for a further 10-15 minutes.
- While the aubergines are roasting, prepare the curry yogurt. In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, curry powder, turmeric and lemon juice. Mix well until the curry powder is evenly distributed.
- Once the aubergine are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Transfer the slices to a serving platter.
- Spoon the curry yogurt over the roasted aubergine, spreading it evenly. Drizzle on the pomegranate molasses.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds and torn mint leaves over the yogurt-topped aubergines.