A delicious, earthy and colourful summer salad
Roasted Golden Beetroot Salad with Cavolo Nero & Ricotta and Goats Cheese Purée
Colourful earthy golden-beet salad with a herby cheese puree and candied hazelnutsPrint Pin
- 6 medium golden beetroot washed, topped and tailed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 100 g goat cheese crumbled
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh herbs parsley, chives, tarragon, dill
- 600 g cavolo nero wilted, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50 g candied hazelnut brittle
- Fresh dill garnish
- Pea shoots garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Cut the beetroot in half lengthways and slice each half into even wedges then place on a large baking tray, pour over olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, depending on how chunky the wedges are, until tender.
Ricotta and Goats Cheese Puree
- While the beetroot is roasting, prepare the whipped ricotta and goats cheese puree. In a bowl, whisk the ricotta and goats cheese together until well combined, to achieve an incredibly smooth texture you can do this in a food processor. Add in fresh herbs and mix well. Place in the fridge until assembly.
- In a large non-stick pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil together with the cavolo nero and cook over a medium heat tossing until soft and wilted, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- On a large serving platter, evenly spread the ricotta goats cheese puree on the bottom and make a slight well in centre. Place roasted beets and cavolo nero on top and garnish with candied hazelnut brittle, lots of fresh dill and pea shoots.
- Serve in the middle of the table for everyone to dig in and enjoy.
The beauty about this recipe is that all ingredients can be prepped ahead of time and assembled when needed. If you cannot source golden beetroot, regular fresh beetroot with also work great in this recipe.