A delectable blend of rich, creamy chocolate ice cream studded with crunchy popcorn and gooey marshmallows, creating a delightful taste adventure
Rocky Road Chocolate Ice-cream Cake
A decadent, chocolatey and caramelly marshmallow blissPrint Pin
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 200 mls condensed milk
- 250 mls cream
- 250 mls ready -made custard
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 50 g giant marshmallows
- 400 g tinned caramel
- 25 g toffee popcorn
- 2 gateaux Swiss rolls
- 125 g dark chocolate
- 125 ml fresh cream
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with cling film.
- Place the dark chocolate in a bowl and melt over a bain marie and roughly chop the marshmallows.
- Whip the condensed milk, double cream and vanilla bean paste until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold in the custard, then slightly fold in the cooled melted chocolate.
- Stir in the caramel, toffee popcorn and marshmallows.
- Cut the Swiss roll gateaux into 16 thin slices. Lay the slices into the bottom of the tin and lay one slice on each side.
- Pour in the chocolate ice -cream mousse mix and create another layer of gateaux on top.
- Cover in cling film and freeze on the fast freeze setting (-25℃) for 8 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie, once melted take off the heat and stir in the cream until it forms a thick glossy sauce.
- Take the ice-cream cake out of the freezer, flip it out on to a plate and cover in the ganache.
- Add some toffee popcorn, sprinkles and a cone on top. Enjoy
A delightful summery messy adventure for the kids by joyfully baking and assembly layers of ice cream and cake to create a scrumptious and imaginative ice cream cake masterpiece. Experiment and decorate with your favourite toppings - malteasers, oreos, crushed lotus biscuits ... the possibilities are endless!