Roasted Irish Beef:
- 150 g cooked Irish roast beef ribeye, sirloin, or your preferred cut
Red Onion Jam:
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 slices of Irish rye sourdough bread
- Fresh mixed salad leaves use rocket, lettuce, or any available greens
- 50 g Irish cheddar cheese grated
- A handful of salt & vinegar crisps
Make the Red Onion Jam:
- In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced red onion and sauté until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Stir in the brown sugar and apple cider vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and the onions caramelise. Season with salt and black pepper. Remove from heat and let it cool.
Prepare the Horseradish Mayo:
- Combine the mayonnaise, prepared horseradish, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Adjust the horseradish to your desired level of spiciness.
Assemble the Sandwich:
- Lay out the two slices of Irish rye sourdough bread.
- Spread a generous amount of horseradish mayo on one or both slices, depending on your preference.
- Place the roasted Irish beef slices on one slice of bread.
- Sprinkle the grated Irish cheddar cheese over the beef.
- Spoon the red onion jam onto the other slice of bread.
- Top the beef side with fresh mixed salad leaves for added freshness and texture.
Add Crunchy Element:
- Crush a handful of salt & vinegar crisps and place them on top of the salad leaves. The crisps will add a delightful crunch to the sandwich.
- Close the sandwich by placing the onion jam side onto the beef and salad side.