Rainy Monday Pasta
This is the epitome of modern lifestyle food. A delicious bowl of creamy comfort. Subtle flavours and interesting combinations lead to the most satisfying bowl of pasta. With little nods to eating “one step closer to healthy”, the low-fat creme fraîche and cream and the chicken smoked sausage allows for a much lower intake of saturated fat while still having a satiating, delicious meal.
Creamy Tomato Pasta with Smoked Sausage & Rosemary
- 400 g tagliatelle
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 springs fresh rosemary
- 60 mls olive oil
- 1 tin cherry tomatoes
- 1.5 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 250 g frankfurter sausage
- 1.5 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp vermouth
- 100 g creme fraiche
- 100 mls cream
- 45 g parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aide.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic. Slice the red pepper. Heat the oil in a pan. Over low to medium heat, bring the garlic, rosemary and olive oil up to a gentle sizzle. Allow this to cook and melt for about 6 minutes. Then add in the tin of cherry tomatoes, red pepper, tomato puree, brown sugar and vermouth. Allow this to simmer for 7 minutes.
- As this cooks, grate the parmesan cheese and thinly slice the sausage.
- Take all the sauce ingredients, and blitz well in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the sausages to the pan and begin to warm through. Add back in the pasta, then the sauce . Stir everything together until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Then add in the dollop of creme fraiche and the cream. Over a low heat warm through for a few minutes.
- Serve not warm pasta bowls, garnish with a spring of rosemary and a grating parmesan cheese.
- Serve with lightly steamed tender stem broccoli.