Summertime packaged up in the most moreish treat, these S’mores Marshmallow & Chocolate Crumble Bars are like biting into a little piece of happiness – strewn with Nutella ribbons. They are perfect for an afternoon BBQ or picnic, camping snack, or my favourite – served as a fun after-dinner dessert that will totally transport your guests to their most joyful childhood memories.
- 9 x 9 inch tin
- 220 g self raising flour
- 70 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 120 g butter
- 1 Egg cracked and whisked
- 50 g oats
- 200 g Cadburys chocolate
- 200 g Nutella chocolate spread
- 75 g giant marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC. Weigh and measure ingredients. Line a tin with parchment paper .
- Pop the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
- Cut the butter into small cubes. Rub in using your fingers ( Alternatively you can do this in a food processor and pulse ) until it forms fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Using a spoon stir in the egg. It will form soft clumps of dough and some finer powdery pieces
- Take half the mixture and press it into the base of the tin. Pack in firmly and tightly.
- To make the filling: Spoon the Nutella on top of the base.
- Pop on the squares of chocolate. Cut the marshmallows in half and place on top.
- Sprinkle over the remaining half of the topping and scatter the oats on top.
- Bake for 40 mins.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 hours before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container for 2/3 days.