Gently spiced, warming and delicious this cocktail is one to slowly savour over long fire side chats.
Let’s enjoy these chilly nights.
- 50 mls spiced rum
- 25 mls cointreau
- 1/4 tsp finely diced stem ginger
- 50 mls apple juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 slice apple
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp caramel sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Heat up a tumbler glass with a little hot water. Discard this before you pour the warm cocktail in.
- Pour the caramel onto a saucer. Dip the rim of the glass in the caramel and then dip it into the ginger scented brown sugar.
- Finely dice the stem ginger until it is almost a puree.
- Warm the spiced rum, Cointreau, apple juice, pureed ginger and bitters together. Do not boil.
- Thinly slice a centre piece of apple and add in as a garnish.
- Carefully put the warm cocktail into the tumbler. Finish with a sprig of rosemary.