Sticky, Smoky, Cajun Chicken Tacos
Looking for a meal that’s bold, flavourful, and sure to impress? Look no further than these sticky Cajun chicken tacos.
With their perfectly seasoned chicken, creamy ranch dressing, tangy pico de Gallo, and smoky cajun spice, these tacos are a true celebration of flavour. The chicken is tender and juicy, coated in a sticky sauce that perfectly balances sweet and spicy notes, while the radish and pico de Gallo adds a refreshing crunch and a tangy kick.
But what really sets these tacos apart is their versatility. They’re perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, but can also be dressed up for a festive weekend gathering. And with their blend of Cajun and Mexican flavours, they’re sure to satisfy even the most adventurous of taste buds.
So why not spice up your next meal with these sticky Cajun chicken tacos? They’re easy to make, packed with flavour, and sure to become a new family favourite.
- 4 tortillas plain, wholewheat, corn
- 4 chicken fillets
- 30 grams Cajun spice
- 30 grams butter
- 60 ml BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ml olive oil
- 200 grams iceberg lettuce shredded
- 120 ml ranch dressing
- 120 ml pico de Gallo
- 80 grams corn kernels
- 4 radishes sliced
- 1 red chili pepper sliced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- A handful of fresh coriander chopped
- Poppy seeds to garnish
- Begin by preparing the Cajun chicken. Start by patting dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken fillets in small bites. Rub Cajun spice all over the chicken, making sure they are well coated. Let them rest for about 10-15 minutes so that the spices penetrate the chicken.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, place the chicken breasts in the pan and cook for about 6-8 minutes on each side, until they are fully cooked and the juices run clear.
- Once the chicken is cooked, pour in the bbq sauce and the butter. Allow the chicken pieces to bubble and caramelise in them for a few minutes. Turn off the heat and allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Heat the tortillas until they are warm and slightly charred. This can be done on a pan or over a gas flame.
- Assemble the tacos by smearing some ranch on the bottom, and placing a few strips of Cajun chicken on each tortilla. Top with shredded lettuce, pico de Gallo, corn kernels, and sliced radish.
- Garnish the tacos with sliced chilli, chopped coriander, and poppy seeds. Squeeze a wedge of lime over each taco to add a citrusy kick.
- Serve the Cajun Chicken Tacos immediately and enjoy!