Light, fresh and delicious
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- 500 g fresh strawberries quartered
- 6 tbsp strawberry jam
- 250 g ready-made custard
- 500 g fresh cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Roll out puff pastry sheet, cut into 12 rectangles and place on baking tray, glaze with egg wash. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minute until golden brown. Remove to wire rack, allow to cool completely and dust with icing sugar.
- In a large bowl, toss the strawberries with 1 tbsp caster sugar and let stand for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat the cream until it begins to thicken, and gently stir in pre-made custard and vanilla paste.
- To assemble, lay a piece of puff pastry and spread with strawberry jam and arrange sliced strawberries and pipe or spread over custard filling, top with another piece of pastry and repeat these 2 more times, having 3 layers in total.
Take the pastry out of the fridge 1 hour before preparing, as it will be easier to roll. You can prepare pastry ahead of time and store in an air-tight container.