My delicious plant based burger!
- 1.2 kg sweet potato
- 400 g black beans
- 400 g wholegrain rice
- 25 g olive oil
- 400 g chickpeas
- 25 g smoked paprika
- 300 g corn
- 25 g coriander
- 10 g ground coriander
- 15 g cumin
- 60 g gluten free flour
- 150 g onion
- 150 g polenta
- 30 g spray oil
- 300 g aioli
- 300 g probiotic slaw
- 70 g pickled radish
- 60 g alfalfa sprouts
- Multigrain burger bun
- 200 g radish
- 30 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 400 ml water
- 15 g sugar
- 200 g red cabbage
- 200 g green or savoy cabbage
- 2 apples
- 2 carrots
- Large handful coriander/parsley
- 4 spring onions / red onion
- 4 tbsp frothing ferments sauerkraut
- 1 tsp frothing ferments sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 200 g greek yogurt / plant based / mayonnaise
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Peel the sweet potatoes, boil in a little salted water until soft, drain really well and mash. Allow to cool.
- As the potatoes cook, dice the onions, very finely. Sauté over low heat for 25 minutes until very soft and golden - caramelised. Allow to cool.
- Cook the rice or open a pouch of cooked rice. Open the beans and chickpeas, drain and rinse.
- Finely dice the herbs.
- Combine all the ingredients. Shape into burger patties, each should weigh about 200g. Dust in polenta and sit on a tray lined with parchment paper. Cover, chill and allow to set before cooking.
- Brush with olive oil and bake in the oven at 180℃ or air fry for 25 minutes until cooked and firm.
- Burger Assembly: Spread a little chipotle mayo on the bottom or a tomato relish and mayo. Place some lettuce on the base of the multi-seed bun, sit the burger pattie on, top with the probiotic slaw, then the pickled radish, top with some alfalfa shoots and sit the top of the bun on top.
- Serve with my epic air fryer homemade chips.
- Blanch onion in boiling water for 30 secs drain and blast chill.
- Boil sugar & vinegar to make a quick pickle solution and chill.
- Mix together pickle & onion, season with salt. Allow to sit and let the flavours develop.
- Wash and dry the vegetables. Leave the skin on the apple and carrot. Remove the outer layer of the cabbage if needed. Using a mandolin or the grater on the food processor shred all the vegetables. Finely chop the herbs. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir in the hot sauce, sauerkraut, honey, seasoning and the yoghurt. Taste, adjust seasoning, cover and allow all the flavours to develop.