This winter warmer has the perfect blend of savoury, sweet and a gentle hit of spice. With nourishing root vegetables and creamy tones this soup makes an ideal filling lunch or winter supper. These griddled flatbreads are made with simple store cupboard ingredients and can be prepared in minutes. Best to serve them warm straight off the griddle pan.
For details of the full recipe and to watch along with Aisling and the guests on the Six O Clock show.
Creamy Sweet Potato & Ginger Soup
Immune boosting, warming and delicious this fragrant soup is perfect for the winter season.Print Pin Rate
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium / large sweet potato 250g peeled & chopped
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika cumin, turmeric
- 50 g raw red lentils
- 250 mls cream / coconut milk
- 350 mls hot stock chicken or vegetables
- Heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add in the onion, ginger and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in the sweet potato and cook for another minute or so, coating all the ingredients in oil and butter until glossy.
- Next add in all the aromatic ingredients; sprinkle in the cumin, turmeric, smoked paprika and ginger.
- Finally pop in the lentils. Stir everything around and then pour in the hot stock.
- Next add in the cream/coconut milk and allow the soup to simmer for 25-30 minutes until the sweet potato is tender.
- Transfer to the food processor and blitz for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Serve up in warm soup bowls and garnish with a dollop of Greek yoghurt. Garnish with a little red chilli and fresh herbs.