Thai Green Chicken Curry with Tender Stem Broccoli and New Potatoes
This fragrant Thai green curry really packs a flavour punch.Print Pin Rate
Thai green curry
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken fillets diced
- 4 baby new potatoes
- 2 long sweet red peppers
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 bunch tender stem broccoli
- 1 400 g full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf
- 1 red Chilli sliced
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Togarashi spice sprinkled – optional
- Handful fresh coriander
Broccoli Basmati Rice
- 200 g basmati rice
- 1 head of broccoli pulsed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 spring onions sliced
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Dice chicken fillets into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare vegetables, finely dice onion, grate fresh ginger, slice baby potatoes into quarters, and sweet red peppers, finely chop coriander and chilli.
Chicken & Sauce:
- In a large saucepan heat oil, add the onion and gently fry until it's softened.
- Add the ginger, chilli, kaffir lime leaf and curry paste.
- Add the chicken and allow to cook in the spices.
- Add the coconut milk and stir well.
- Add sliced potatoes and red peppers.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then add tender stem broccoli and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with broccoli basmati rice.
- Garnish with lime wedges, fresh coriander and 1 sprinkle of togarashi spice
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Trim the stalks off the broccoli and chop them into small chunks.
- Add the broccoli to a food processor and pulse until it resembles grains of rice.
- In a large wok or pan, heat sesame oil, add pulsed broccoli, cooked rice, minced garlic, and season with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until piping hot.