Duck is succulent, rich and meaty and perfect for a delicious salad. Pairing the salad with some creamy mozzarella, sweet peaches, and a hint of freshness from the mint is a perfect simple supper with something to please everyone. This works excellently with seared duck breasts or shredded leftover roast duck.
Watch me cook this live on the Six O Clock show.
Warm Duck Salad with Peaches, Mozzarella, Fresh Mint and a Candid Pecan Crumb
When you fancy something a little lighter but packed full of flavour this modern duck salad is a total crowd pleaserPrint Pin Rate
- 2 duck legs
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 tbsp Za’atar or 1 tbsp Chinese 5 spice & 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200 g mixed salad leaves
- 3 peaches
- 1 red onion
- 400 g mozzarella pearls
- 50 g pecans or walnuts
- 10 g butter
- 25 g sugar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- Fresh mint
- Sprinkle the duck with the spices and place in the slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- Candid crumb - melt the butter and sugar in a non stick pan, add in the pecans and allow to caramelise for 3/4 minutes. Pour out on to parchment paper, allow to cool and blitz to a fine crumb.
- Shred the duck, dip in a mix of cornflour and za’atar and deep fry for 3 minutes. Drain in kitchen paper.
- Slice the peaches, brush with a little oil and griddle on both sides. Slice the red onion.
- Whisk all the salad dressing ingredients together. Season well.
- When the duck is cooked, removed from the slow cooker, remove the fat from the top and discard. Shred using 2 forks.
- Scatter the salad leaves on a large salad platter, toss well in the dressing.
- Pop on the mozzarella pearls, red onion and griddled peaches.
- Pile the duck on top, sprinkle on the candid pecans and garnish with some fresh mint.