Sometimes the most simple things in life are the most decadent. There are mornings when I crave nothing more than biting into a big slice of warm, slightly toasted bread smothered in rich nut butter and sweet jam.
Nut Butter & Chia Jam Whole-wheat Toast
This toast recipe is a perfect healthy and delicious breakfast or snack option, packed with protein, fibre, and healthy fats.Print Pin Rate
- 2 slices of whole-wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons of nut butter peanut butter, almond butter, or any other nut butter of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of chia jam you can use any flavour of jam you like or make your own by mixing 2 tablespoons of chia seeds with 1 cup of fresh or frozen fruit and 1-2 tablespoons of sweetener like maple syrup or honey
- Optional toppings: sliced banana chopped nuts, coconut flakes
- Toast two slices of whole-wheat bread until crispy and golden brown.
- Spread a tablespoon of nut butter on each slice of toast.
- Spoon a tablespoon of chia jam over the nut butter.
- Add your favourite toppings, such as sliced banana, chopped nuts, or coconut flakes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!